PDA

View Full Version : winch hookups / advice

evoeata
07-08-2013, 01:42 PM
looking to buy a winch for my surf this break. not real sure on brands that are good anymore with the influx of chinese winches around. obviously warn are the leaders but cant really justify buying on for it to sit in the bullbar and barely get used. anyone got any recommendations of places to get them cheap? or what brands are good these days? probably looking at around a 9500lbs-12000lbs with dyneema rope.

cheers

matt

cplagz
07-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Steve (4SLIDE) @ AutoPro ?

crabman
07-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Aren't VRS winches meant to be ok? I think I saw them in an autopro catalogue for 700 bucks for a 9500lb.

I may have been tripping though.

Macca
07-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Aren't VRS winches meant to be ok? I think I saw them in an autopro catalogue for 700 bucks for a 9500lb.

I may have been tripping though.

Yeah you were tripping they are $649 :p

i dont keep in stock but can get very easily. Will look after no matter what you are after

RUSSGT
07-08-2013, 03:13 PM
http://www.tigerz11.com.au/product-category/winches.html

Darkside
07-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Little bit OT....Haven't ever bothered with a winch. Have you got double lockers? If not I would consider spending my money there and avoid getting stuck in the first place. :) As you say they mainly spend their time weighing down the front of your car doing nothing.

Useful thing though I guess if you are traveling solo.

S85FI
07-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Winch... love it. Used it for everything except for getting out of a bog..

Got a big tree branch to cut? No worries set up rope and like a absail life line and tell the neighbours not to worry about the fence? Why because I lowered it with my winch.

Needed to lift up a 7m steel UB onto new garage roof? No worries tell brickie and chippy to cancel the crane and sling around existing roof structure and winch up the beam.

That tree stump... winched that mother fucker out.

Cutting fire wood and there's just the right log in the middle of the pile. No worries winched that bad boy out and just the right spot for a 28 inch bar to lop off the pieces just right.

WInches are great ... Last thing mine will be used for will probably be getting bogged. But if I did I chose the Warn XD9500. Got it last year $1600 fitted from a nissan dealer.

gazza750
11-08-2013, 10:06 AM
A dude on this facebook page is importing fairly cheap winches will prolly have to scroll a fair way down to find the post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/buyandsell4x4perth/

evoeata
11-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Little bit OT....Haven't ever bothered with a winch. Have you got double lockers? If not I would consider spending my money there and avoid getting stuck in the first place. :) As you say they mainly spend their time weighing down the front of your car doing nothing.

Useful thing though I guess if you are traveling solo.

ive got a front locker and that has got me out of every problem ive got myself into offroad. winch will just be for extra insurance and handy when none of my mates have them either.